Benefits of individual membership:
- Annual subscription to Ground Engineering magazine including access to website (which can be accessed here)
- Option of dual membership with the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and International Society for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering (ISRM)
- Receipt of notices of BGA monthly meetings and events
- Discounted entry to conferences sponsored by the BGA and free entry to the BGA annual conference (a BGA members' event showcasing the best of British geotechnics)
- Meet other like minded specialists from all aspects of the geotechnical community
- Participate in AGM procedures; nominate members or stand for election to the Executive Committee and vote on amendments to the constitution
Why not join the BGA now?
Individual UK membership is £74 per year (reduced to £69 per year for ICE Members), and includes membership of either ISRM or ISSMGE
There is a reduced rate for UK students and retired members of £43 per year, also including membership of either ISRM or ISSMGE
Students joining the BGA for the first time may be eligible for a concessionary rate of £23 in their first year of membership.
BGA Membership applications are now on-line only
During the current health situation the BGA continues to welcome applications for all categories of BGA membership but please email forms to email@example.com and select payment by credit or debit card. Unfortunately we will not be able to process paper applications and cheques for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your understanding.
Download the application forms below:
BGA Individual and Retired Member Application Form 2020
BGA Student Application Form 2020
BGA Concessionary Student Application Form 2020