Benefits of individual membership:
- Annual subscription to Ground Engineering magazine including access to website (which can be accessed here)
- Option of dual membership with the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and International Society for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering (ISRM)
- Receipt of notices of BGA monthly meetings and events
- Discounted entry to conferences sponsored by the BGA and free entry to the BGA annual conference (a BGA members' event showcasing the best of British geotechnics)
- Meet other like minded specialists from all aspects of the geotechnical community
- Participate in AGM procedures; nominate members or stand for election to the Executive Committee and vote on amendments to the constitution
Why not join the BGA now?
Individual UK membership is £71 per year (reduced to £66 per year for ICE Members), and includes membership of either ISRM or ISSMGE
There is a reduced rate for UK students and retired members of £40 per year, also including membership of either ISRM or ISSMGE
Students joining the BGA for the first time may be eligible for a concessionary rate of £20 in their first year of membership.
Download the application forms below:
BGA Individual and Retired Member Application Form 2018
BGA Student Application Form 2018
BGA Concessionary Student Application Form 2018