Please visit the ISSMGE website – http://www.issmge.org/ for full details of all ISSMGE activities. This circular is also available from the web: https://www.issmge.org/news/issmge-news-information-circular-may-20180
1. Geoguide 4 : Guide to Cavern Engineering (2nd Edition)
The Geotechnical Engineering Office of the HKSAR Government has recently published the Geoguide 4 - Guide to Cavern Engineering (Second Edition), which is free for download via the link [http://www.cedd.gov.hk/eng/publications/geo/geo_g4.html].
This Geoguide was first published in 1992 and served the city well in the early days of cavern development. Over the years various elements of best practice in Cavern Engineering and Rock Mechanics have changed and needed to be updated. The second edition has pulled together various key references, experience and publications that are in typical use in Hong Kong and other countries, which are practiced by regulators, designers and practitioners in the art of tunnel and underground rock cavern development. It consolidates some of the most relevant technological advances and experience gained over the years and now provides an updated reference of good practice for rock cavern development. The updated edition has also been expanded to cover other associated elements not covered in the previous Geoguide such as how to plan caverns and consider the long term impacts and performance of the underground spaces and support elements formed.
2. TC309 – Machine Learning and Big Data.This new TC is actively seeking nominations for members from the Member Societies. Please make sure that your Member Society representative is aware of your interest in joining this TC.
Click herefor a full list of previously recorded ISSMGE webinars.
The latest edition of the ISSMGE Bulletin (Volume 12, Issue 2, Apr 2018) is available fromhttps://www.issmge.org/publications/issmge-bulletin/vol12-issue-2-apr-2018
5. ISSMGE Foundation
The next deadline for receipt of applications for awards from the ISSMGE Foundation is the 1st August 2018. Click here for further information on the ISSMGE Foundation.
For a listing of all ISSMGE and ISSMGE supported conferences - click here.
The following are events that have been added/updated since the previous Circular:
- Granular Matter Workshop - CEGD Workshop - 12-06-2018 - 13-06-2018 Hungarian Academy of Sciences , Hungary , Budapest. Organiser: Óbuda University and Hungarian Academy of Sciences - BME Morphodynamics Research Group, Hungary Contact person: Imre Emoke, Address: Obuda University, Email: email@example.comWebsite: http://vei.kvk.uni-obuda.hu/index.php?o=7
- Third International Conference “Challenges in Geotechnical Engineering” CGE-2019- 10-09-2019 - 13-09-2019 University of Zielona Gora Poland , Organizer: University of Zielona Gora (Poland) and Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture (Ukraine), Contact person: Co-Chairmen of the Organising Committee: Volodymyr Sakharov, Waldemar Szajna, Address: 1, Prof. Zygmunta Szafrana str; Fax: +48 (68) 328 47 23, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website : http://www.cgeconf.com
- 3rd International Conference on Information Technology in Geo-Engineering (3rd ICITG2019) - 29-09-2019 - 02-10-2019 Guimarães, Portugal. Organiser: University of Minho and Portuguese Geotechnical Society (under the auspices of JTC2 of FedIGSS), Contact : 3rd ICITG Secretariat, Address: University of Minho/ School of Engineering/ Civil Engineering Department, Campus de Azurem, Phone: (+ 351) 253 510 750, Fax: (+ 351) 253 510 217, Email: email@example.com, Website : http://www.3rd-icitg2019.civil.uminho.pt/
- Natural Hazards Reconnaissance Facility Workshop, 24-07-2018 - 27-07-2018 University of Washington, Seattle, United States, Organizer: RAPID Experimental Facility, Contact person: Jake Dafni, Address: 3760 E Stevens Way NE, Phone: 206-616-3318, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: https://www.designsafe-ci.org/learning-center/training/workshops/rapid-ef/intensive-workshop/,
- 3rd South American Symposium on Rock Excavations - 19-11-2018 - 21-11-2018 Santiago, Chile, Organisers: The Chilean Society of Rock Mechanics (SCMR, the Chilean Group of the ISRM) Contact person: Alejandra Villouta, Address: Av. Apoquindo 6750, Piso 21, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile, Phone: +56 2 2718 7500, Email: email@example.com, Website: https://www.scmr.cl/eventos,
- 16th International Conference of the International Association for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics - IACMAG, 29-06-2020 - 03-07-2020 Politecnico di Torino Conference Centre, Torino, Italy. Organiser: Politecnico di Torino, Contact person: Symposium srl, Address: via Gozzano 14, Phone: +390119211467, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com